More ResourcesGet Involved! Schuylkill Watershed Maps Restoration Fund Schuylkill Photo Galleries Events Calendar Share your Schuylkill Stories!
2016 SAN Annual Meeting
Wed Oct 5, 2016
2016 Schuylkill Action Network (SAN) Annual Meeting
When: Friday, November 4, 2016; 9:30am-3:00pm
Where: Reading Area Community College
What: The SAN held its annual meeting with presentations focusing on the meeting's theme - A Vision for the Schuylkill.
The morning session had updates from the six SAN workgroups.
- Abandoned Mine Drainage - Bill Reichert, Schuylkill Headwaters Association
- Agriculture - Lyn O'Hare, SSM Group
- Education & Outreach - Virginia Vassalotti, Partnership for the Delaware Estuary
- Pathogens & Point Source - Tess Schlupp, Pennvest
- Stormwater - Virginia Vassalotti, Partnership for the Delaware Estuary
- Watershed Land Collaborative - Dulcie Flaharty, Natural Lands Trust
The afternoon sessions featured speakers presenting on various forward looking initiatives or plans.
- Points of Departure for the Schuylkill River Watershed: Baseline Conditions for the Delaware River Watershed Initiative - Kathryn Christopher, Academy of Natural Sciences
- The Delaware River Basin and the Importance of the Schuylkill - Steve Tambini, Delaware River Basin Commission
- From Extreme Storms to Rising Seas: Climate Change Adaptation at the Philadelphia Water Department - Abby Sullivan, Philadelphia Water Department
- Revising the Comprehensive Conservation Mangement Plan for the Delaware Estaury - Jen Adkins, Partnership for the Delaware Estuary
The final agenda can be viewed here: http://www.schuylkillwaters.org/doc_files/2016%20SAN%20Annual%20Meeting%20Agenda%20FINAL.pdf
Parking and Directions: http://www.schuylkillwaters.org/doc_files/Directions%20and%20Parking.pdf\
Pictures can be viewed here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/schuylkillwaters/albums/72157660797639918
Thanks to our sponsors!
The William Penn Foundation, Schuylkill Headwaters Association, SSM Group, DRBC, and EPA
Date: Oct, 5, 2016