MS4 Great Ideas 2019 PSATS Stormwater Conference
November 15, 2019 10:00am to 4:30pm
Is your stormwater management program in need of some help? Do you want to learn the latest best practices in stormwater management? Are you new to stormwater management? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you will want to attend te 2019 PSATS Stormwater Conference.
Click here to view the agenda. Click here for more details and registration.
Date: Friday, Nov. 15, 2019
Time: 9:00AM - 3:30PM
Location: Desmond Malvern Conference Center (1 Liberty Boulevard, Malvern (Chester Co.), PA 19355)
Cost: $125 per person (includes lunch, breaks, certificate of attendance, and printed conference materials)
If you are a consulting engineer or a member of a municipal operations staff, you will want to select the “Technical” track for presentations such as how to:
- Develop a realistic green infrastructure installation plan that your municipal road crew and public works departments can strategically implement to reduce flooding and improve stormwater quality
- Calculate the line-item costs of installing, operating, and maintaining the BMPs your municipality will need to develop a realistic municipal stormwater budget
- Work with private landowners to evaluate and design BMPs that they can install to further help your municipality achieve cost-effective compliance
- Use the available drainage ways, infiltration areas, and other water resources that nature has already given you (economic ecology)
- Locate the best places to do stream corridor restoration, one of the more cost-effective practices to reduce nutrient and sediment loads
For those with managerial and administrative stormwater responsibilities, you will want to select the “Policy” track for presentations such as how to:
- Create effective partnerships with other municipalities and private stakeholders to improve compliance and lower overall costs
- Develop joint municipal pollutant reduction plans (PRPs) that can lower the participating municipalities’ overall costs.
- Implement a rural stormwater fee to help farmers meet their stormwater responsibilities at the lowest cost
- Balance the construction of grey and green infrastructure projects for cost and appearance reasons
- Prepare for the next MS4 NPDES permit cycle, which will begin in 2023
For additional information, contact James Wheeler, PSATS Stormwater Conference Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 717-763-0930, ext. 128.
View All Events